Saturday, March 03, 2018

Craft Month Hiatus

You may have heard about a little storm we had round these parts yesterday. I got home from work to learn we had no power. (PECO's latest estimate is that it will be restored late Monday.)

When I got home, I started crafting JABC's Seymour the Otter felted pincushion. When the last of the daylight extinguished, I cozied up to the candles and tried to continue. Do not believe the myth that ladies of yore stitched by candlelight. They would have been blind by 20. I finally had to admit defeat and after the dude and I cobbled together a dinner (yogurt and bread and butter) we got into bed.



This morning, I finished the otter (well, not until Nicole took us in because you cannot hot glue without power).


And then I spent the day stitching a leather cuff. This is a Subversive Stitch pattern, and to be honest, I bought a second cuff so I can wear one on each wrist and fight crime. 

I shall persist in making crafts. Heat or no. Electricity or no. No bomb cyclone shall deter me!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet otter! It made me smile. I am catching up due to retreating in Williamsburg. Lack of "real" power here; the generator has been running since Friday morning. Hope your power is restored soon!

Justine said...

Fighting crime without power! You're my superhero.

Beth said...

Crafting is your superpower!

Linda said...

They look great Nikki even without power.

Linda

Julie said...

Such a sweet otter... he's adorable.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The otter is gorgeous! The Fates are conspiring to prevent Craft Month but with your SuperheroBracelets you will defeat them.

Daffycat said...

The otter is adorable! I’m afraid they took our share of winter weather and sent it northeast. We’ve had nothing!