Sunday, November 12, 2017

Finished!

The stockings for my sister's family arrived home from the finisher today! I couldn't wait to share them with you. But first I had to take a nap. (I am so old and tired and the dog woke me up early and then has been a pain in the bum. We went on a hike and she's still been in and out, in and out, because she is bored and at loose ends and still can't go to daycare because she is coughing. St Francis help us, amen.)

 I sent them to our friend Faye. And she did a great job! I love that they have miniwale corduroy backing--matches the ones I did for my cousin. And the colors she chose are perfect matches. I feel so relieved! Let's imagine I tried to do this myself...first getting myself to the store for fabric. Going to every store in the greater Philadelphia area to get matches. Then clearing off enough of the sewing table to cut and sew and then the piping. I could have gone nuts.
Instead, now they are done. Done and beautiful and I am so so very happy!

17 comments:

Needle Nicely said...

What a wonderful gift to be giving. Glad you mentioned the pain of searching out the perfect fabric. Some people seem to think that we merely wrinkle our noses and the perfect fabric appears!

Pamela said...

These are great! Absolutely gorgeous.

Robin said...

Wow, they look gorgeous. Never thought of mini wale corduroy. I was thinking a plaid flannel. What a fantastic gift for your sister and her family. True heirlooms.

Robin in Virginia said...

Woohoo! The stockings look great and it didn't involve scouring hither and yon looking for materials, space, and time. That is a plus in my book.

diamondc said...

Anna: They are beautiful, lucky family members to get these.

Blessings
Catherine

Maggie said...

They are wonderful :-) the one I stitched for my grandson i finished myself with some help from a local sewing centre because i couldn't find anyone to finish it. It was very nerve racking i can tell you!

Unknown said...

I have finished four previously so this is a lesson learned!--nas

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Beautifully stitched and finished! Of course I expect no less demo either of you! Congrats! Merry Christmas!

Paula said...

I love them!

Linda said...

The stockings are gorgeous Nikki.

Linda

Brigitte said...

These stockings look fantastic. You were doing a great job stitching them and Faye was doing her magic on finishing them. What a great gift.

Cole said...

They're gorgeous!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The stockings look wonderful, beautifully stitched and finished too. The edge seams are so even. I could never have managed that!

Beth said...

Faye did a fabulous job. I'm like you - the finishing is totally beyond my skill set - plus all the time and frustration it would involve. The stocking will be proudly displayed for years and years - well done!

Von said...

I'm considering getting professional help too, for my finishing that is! I've always admired Faye's finishing talents.

Carol said...

Wow! You and Faye make a great team--they look gorgeous! I would be afraid to finish a stocking like this myself, too. Think you definitely made the right decision :)

Suz said...

Oh my, those stockings are just gorgeous. What wonderful finishes and gifts :)